About Bold + Mighty Birth
Do you believe we’re all connected and therefore accountable to each other? Do you take brave action in your work, family life, or community engagement to make your corner of the world a little bit better for everyone?
You are a changemaker, my friend, and chances are you want to approach pregnancy, birth, and parenting with the same values reflected in the rest of your life.
Bold & Mighty Birth is a one-stop shop for socially conscious birth support. We believe that birth stories can empower new parents to fully realize their strength and power. This elevated confidence in themselves, combined with a motivational driving force they’ve never had before, accelerates their social impact and creates a more just world for future generations to inherit.
We work toward this mission by providing pregnancy coaching, doula services, and education with fierce love, compassion, and joy.
What makes Bold & Mighty Birth different?
- Radical Hospitality: You deserve to feel safe, held, and taken care of exactly as you are, especially if your hormones are out of control, your house is a disaster zone, and you haven’t showered in a week. You’re growing a human! Being invited into your space is something we don’t take lightly, and we honor wherever you are and whatever you’re going through while going the extra mile so that you have one less thing to worry about.
- No Judgment — For Real!: Bold & Mighty Birth was founded on the belief that you deserve to make decisions about your body. It’s the most fundamental concept at the core of everything we do. We don’t care if you want a scheduled cesarean or to give birth under a tree in the woods. We care that you feel respected and supported in your decisions.
- Trauma-Informed Birthwork: We all carry trauma in our bodies. From years of microaggressions about our weight, race, gender expression, abilities, or who we love. Trauma from sexual and relationship violence. From past pregnancies or birthing experiences that went all wrong. Regardless of what trauma you hold, Bold & Mighty Birth provides trauma-informed care that prioritizes informed consent, bodily autonomy, and healing above all else. That’s something everyone can benefit from.
- Focus on Birth Story: We already know that your birth story will stick with you for the rest of your life. But the series of events--what actually happens-- is only one part of the story. How you perceive and make meaning of everything plays an even bigger role. Bold & Mighty Birth coaching sessions create space for pause and reflection when “busy busy busy” is the norm.
Our Commitment to Social Justice:
Birth equity is a reproductive justice issue. To the best of our ability, Bold & Mighty Birth uses this platform and makes business decisions in alignment with social justice values. Here are some examples of those beliefs in action:
- 10% of our profits go to organizations that train Birthworkers of Color, support Queer and Trans Midwives, or elect pro-choice women to public office. Our current partner organization is Women Winning.
- We offer a sliding scale for BIPOC, Nonbinary, and Trans parents. Anyone with Medicaid can work with Jillian for no out of pocket cost through the nonprofit Everyday Miracles.
About Jillian Carpenter
I’m an INFJ who makes decisions for myself by balancing science and practicality with intuition and heart. In birthwork, my strengths are empathy, compassion, and championing you to believe in yourself and your strong, unique, beautiful body. As a mother myself, I know how transformative this time is for your entire family, and I would be honored to be a small part of your birth story.
I live in downtown Minneapolis with my husband Jack, daughter Lottie, and cat Phoebe. When I’m not supporting a birth or knocking on doors you can find me dancing to Lizzo in my living room, visiting family in Duluth (hot take: Lake Superior is Minnesota's best lake, by far), and trying way too hard to make my baby giggle.
How To: Hire Your Best Fit Doula!
Sign up for emails from Jillian and receive this (free!) ultimate how-to guide for finding and hiring a doula who aligns with your values, preferences, and personality. Remove the guess-work and get one step closer to your empowering birth story.